The advantages of belonging to a well established active cruising club are many. At North Cheshire Cruising Club there are many members with a vast experience of cruising the rivers and waterways throughout England and Wales and they are always willing to pass on information on all manner of things regarding cruising.
We have many social events throughout the year and these include Christmas and New Year celebrations, entertainment, evening meals and buffets, and barbeques in the summer. Our quizzes prove to be very popular too and there are at least two per year, one general knowledge related and the other waterways related. Each year, sailing events are organised by the Commodore; these can vary from long weekends to 2/3 weeks cruising the waterways for the main Commodore’s cruise.
Members have exclusive use of the club facilities. The Club House is open on Friday nights for social gatherings and also Sunday lunch time during most of the year where a light lunch can be purchased.
We have a membership of approximately 220. There are two categories of membership; full and associate. New members are always welcome and application forms for either category are available to download or by emailing the Membership Services Director. You can also sign up in person on a Friday night by coming along to the social night.
Application process is the same for both categories of membership
- Download the form off this website taking care to download the right category of membership.
- Fill in the form and then contact the ‘Membership Director’ for a face to face meeting. This is a must before your membership can be processed. Her mobile number is 07806 067012.
- Once the meeting has taken place your form will be pinned to the club notice board for a minimum of four days.
- The form will then be taken down and brought before the board at the next meeting, whereupon unless there is a problem it will be passed.
- Once it’s been passed the Membership Services Director will contact you to tell you your application was successful and you will then have to pay the relevant fees.
Please bear in mind you will not be a member until the fees have been paid.